While hitting a winery in Santa Barbara might not be on the top of your to-do list, it is something you should consider when visiting. The Santa Barbara mountains are filled with stunning wineries, begging for you to come in and enjoy a sip. You might find your new favorite Santa Barbara winery, offering a more urban vibe.
Always remember to double-check dates, opening times, and weather conditions before traveling.
Best Wineries in Santa Barbara
Happy Canyon Vineyard
- Address: 30 El Paseo, Santa Barbara, CA
Tasting at the Happy Canyon Vineyard is open from Friday to Sunday, 12 pm to 5 pm by appointment only. You can get an inside look at the vineyard from the owners Instagram account, where they mix humor with winemaking and share it with their followers.
Happy Canyon Vineyard is better known for their Syrahs; so, do try one out from their Holus Bolus or The Joy Fantastic labels.
Area 5.1 Winery
- Address: 137 Anacapara St B, Santa Barbara, CA
Area 5.1 produces wines that they define as out of this world. Located in the Funk Zone, you can head into this hole in the wall winery to enjoy some blends with unique names.
Look into their wines like Close Encounters, White Light, or Rosewell to see which one is your favorite. While there are many tongue in cheek alien references, this winery is laid back, has a great outdoor patio, and is a fantastic option for wine.
Whitcraft Winery, one of the best wineries in Santa barbara!
- Address: 36 S Calle Cesar Chavez, Santa Barbara, CA
Whitcraft is known for producing high-quality wine and loves creating Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. The winery has been open since 1985, and locals love heading in and enjoying a glass or two.
Reservations are needed for tastings, which cost $50, and you can easily make a reservation online.
- Address: 8 Ashley Ave, Santa Barbara, CA
Sitting on the east side of Santa Barbara is Sanguis, a hidden gem in Santa Barbara that offers delicious wine. Their tastings include five varieties and a tour of the facility.
Reservations for a tasting must be made online, and the tour typically takes about an hour and a half to complete.
Melville Winery Tasting Room
- Address: 120 State St Suite C, Santa Barbara, CA
The Melville Winery tasting lounge offers an gorgeous indoor and outdoor patio. Here, guests can hang out and enjoy a tasting or glass of wine in the beautiful sunshine. The tasting room is open Sunday through Thursday, 12 pm to 7 pm, plus Friday and Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm.
Their current label releases include Chardonnay, sparkling Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Noir (a sparkling rosé) and a Pinot Noir.
- Address: 813 Anacapa St #6, Santa Barbara, CA
Cebada Wines sits in the historic El Paseo neighborhood of Santa Barbara. This winery offers an indoor and outdoor patio for great tasting. Their outdoor patio is dog friendly, score! And you can stop in for a visit Thursday through Sunday or book an online appointment.
If you’re a fan of chocolate, make sure to try their chocolate pairing with their Cebada flight, you won’t regret it. Non-chocolate fans don’t have to worry, though; they also offer a blueberry dessert wine that is screaming your name.
Margerum Tasting Room
- Address: 19 E Mason St, Santa Barbara, CA
The Margerum Tasting Room has a little bit of something for everyone. Their tasting room offers flights, wines by the glass or bottle, a seasonal menu, plus a gift shop and pantry items.
While in the tasting room, you can enjoy a charcuterie board, plus salads, hummus, and more small bites. Their wine list is excellent, with varieties including Pinot Noir, Syrah, Riesling.
They even offer non-alcoholic options for friends who don’t drink.
Paradise Springs Winery
- Address: 210 State St., Santa Barbara, CA
Head out to the Funk Zone and visit Paradise Springs Winery, the first bi-coastal winery in California and Virginia. Their tasting room is open daily to sample their Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Bordeaux Varietals.
Their flights range from $24 to $30. You can also choose to do a private tasting by appointment if that sounds more your style.
Barbieri and Kempe Wines
- Address: 1114 State St, Unit 26, Santa Barbara, CA
Barbieri and Kempe are known to have vibrant and complex wines crafted with a passion. They offer daily tasting in Santa Barbara for $20. On the premises, there’s also a small cheese area where you can grab snacks while enjoying a glass. They also host several events at their tasting room throughout the year. Their wine list also has a little something for everyone, including Syrah Rose, Cabernet, Petite Syrah, and more.
These are just a handful of the beautiful wineries you can visit while enjoying some time in Santa Barbara. If you’re interested in more than one winery, maybe check out a Santa Barbara wine tour. Or you can even head into the mountains to check out the stunning Santa Barbara vineyards during your stay.
More wineries and tasting rooms in Santa Barbara
- Au Bon Climat, 813 Anacapa St #5b, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Carr Winery, 414 N Salsipuedes St, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Conway Family Wines (Deep Sea Tasting Room), 217 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Deep Sea Wine, 217 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Fox Wine Co., 120 Santa Barbara St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Frequency Wine Company, 831 Santa Barbara St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Grassini Family Vineyards, 24 El Paseo, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Happy Canyon Vineyard, 30 El Paseo, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- J. Wilkes, 35 State St suite b, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Jaffurs Wine Cellars, 819 E Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Jamie Slone Wines, 23 E De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Kunin Wines, 116 E Yanonali St Unit B, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Melville Winery Tasting Room, 120 State St suite c, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Municipal Winemakers, 22 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Pali Wine Co., 116 E Yanonali St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Paradise Springs Winery, 210 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Potek Winery, 406 E Haley St #1, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Riverbench Vineyard & Winery, 137 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Santa Barbara Winery, 28 Anacapa St Ste A, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Santa Barbara Wine Collective, 131 Anacapa St c, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Skyenna Wine Lounge, 12 Helena Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- The Valley Project, 116 E. Yanonali Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101