Redondo Beach is the perfect destination to welcome in the holidays and get into the spirit. This beautiful beach town off the Pacific Coast Highway has a slew of fantastic holiday cheer to spread, including some annual traditions and excellent food.
Check out all the incredible things you can do for the holidays throughout Redondo Beach.
Holiday Stroll in Riviera Village
- Address: 1799 S. Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Friday December 8 from 5 pm to 9 pm
The Riviera Village Holiday Stroll is perfect for grabbing all the gifts you might need for this holiday season. There will be lights, holiday music, Santa, the Grinch, hot cocoa, wine, freebies and even surprises for all who attend. Bring the kids and your fur-babies for a magical way to kick off the Christmas season.
Holiday Concert on the Pier
- Address: Fisherman’s Wharf, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Saturday December 10 from 2 pm to 4 pm
The Holiday Concert on the Pier is the perfect treat for the entire family. This free event is from 2 pm to 4 pm at Fisherman’s Wharf and has more than just live music. The family can enjoy activity books, a charity toy drive, a holiday selfie station, and giveaways.
The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker
- Address: Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: December 1-4 from 7:30 pm to 9:45 pm
Making its grand return is The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker which will take you on a journey through lands of wonder and adventure. Before each matinee performance, you can join Debbie Allen for a story and tea, plus photos with the cast members. Head to their website to secure your tickets.
Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
- Address: Shade Hotel Redondo Beach, 655 North Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Friday December 2 from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Join the Shade Hotel Redondo Beach community for their annual Christmas Tree Lighting. This favorite winter event will bring merriment to everyone involved, plus you’ll get hot cocoa, smores, and carolers while you wait. Santa will make an appearance and bring the snow with him. The tree lighting will happen at 4:45 pm, so get there early.
Charlie Brown Christmas Party & Concert
- Address: Riviera United Methodist Church, 375 Palos Verdes Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Sunday December 4 from 4 pm to 6:30 pm
The Riviera UMC will hold their holiday tradition of dancing, laughing, and watching a performance of music made famous by the Charlie Brown television special. Arrive early so you can enjoy festive treats and a crafts table. All the fun begins at 4 pm with the concert starting at 5 pm.
- Address: Sonesta Redondo Beach and Marina, 300 N Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Friday December 30 from 6 pm to 9 pm
Grab your friends and family and learn how to paint a beautiful Christmas Cabin. A special cuisine will be made just for this class, with red and white wine available for purchase. The class is $45 per person, and it’s suitable for kids around the age of 15.
- Address: Redondo Beach Public Library, 303 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Friday December 16 from 4 pm to 5 pm
The whole family is welcome to join the Redondo Beach Public Library for a holiday storytime. Each guest will receive a special gift at the end of their story time, and make sure you get there early since there is only room for 50 guests.
Redondo Beach King Harbor Christmas Boat Parade
- Address: Moonstone Park, 280 Marina Way, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Saturday December 10 at 5:30 pm
Santa and his elves will be headed to Redonde Beach for their annual Christmas Boat Parade. The harbor will light up with boats as they float down the marina and sparkle so everyone can enjoy the holiday cheer. The parade can be seen from numerous restaurants near the harbor and Moonstone Park.
“Cruise At The Beach!” Annual Christmas Car & Bike Show
- Address: 245 N Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Saturday December 10 from 12 pm to 6 pm
Cruise at the Beach is an annual car and bike show at the Redondo Beach Marina. He’s down to this free event to look at vintage cars and bikes, plus you can get a t-shirt and goodie bag.
Christmas Tree Lighting
- Address: St Lawrence Martyr, 1940 S Prospect Ave, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Friday December 9 at 6 pm
Head out to St Laurence Martyr for their annual tree lighting ceremony. There will be food, fun, and tamale that everyone can enjoy. All the fun will begin at 6 pm, and all are welcome.
Christmas Regatta — ASMBYC
- Address: King Harbor Yacht Club, 280 Yacht Club Way, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Saturday December 3 from 10 am to 11 am
The King Harbor Yacht Club will hold a fun Christmas Regatta. Come to the yacht club to watch an incredible rowing performance that will help get everyone feeling a little more in the holiday spirit.
Christmas Tree Lot
- Address: 411 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: October 9 through December
Debbie and Jeff’s Christmas Tree Lot will offer free admission with no reservation needed to grab your perfect tree. They open in October and welcome all to come and search for the tree that will bring them the most joy.
James Catholic Church Holiday Boutique
- Address: St James Catholic Church, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: December 3 and December 4
St James Catholic Church is perfect for your holiday shopping needs. Find jewelry, scarves, bags, knitted goods, and more to help mark everyone off your list. Catholic Daughters will provide food, and the event is open from 9 am to 3 pm.
- Address: Kings Harbor Brewing Company, 2907 182nd St, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Tuesday December 20 from 6 pm to 9 pm
Join the Kings Harbor Brewing Company to help support families in need. They will have homemade tamales, rice, and beans to enjoy while you wrap donated gifts. Santa’s will be assigned to families; you can check their website for more information.
There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays
- Address: 801 S Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: December 8 from 11 am to 1 pm
The Kensington Redondo Beach welcomes all to their open house for a holiday brunch and open house. You’ll spend time with caregivers and seniors to help celebrate the holidays and lend a hand where needed. Their doors are open to make the season a little brighter and help the elderly love the holidays more.
Letters to Santa
- Address: South Bay Galleria, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Saturday December 24 from 11 am to 7 pm
The South Bay Galleria has a cottage mailbox waiting for your personalized letter to Santa to be dropped off. You can get a blank envelope from guest services and a letter from Santa.
Redondo Beach is the perfect time to celebrate the holidays with your friends, family, and anyone around you. Take the time to celebrate and give a helping hand if you can.
Looking for hotels in Redondo Beach?
- Portofino Hotel & Marina
- Sonesta Redondo Beach & Marina
- Redondo Beach Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Redondo Beach
- Shade Hotel Redondo Beach