The South Bay along the Pacific Coast Highway might not be the perfect winter wonderland you’re thinking about during Christmas, but it’s filled with holiday cheer. Areas like Torrance, Rolling Hills, and San Pedro offer an incredible line-up for holiday fun; you won’t even know where to begin.
We created this excellent list to see all the fantastic events happening throughout the area and decide which ones you need to go and see.
Christmas in Torrance
Torrance Turkey Trot Fun Run
- Address: Torrance Community Services Department, 3031 Torrance Blvd, Torrance CA
- Date: Thanksgiving day, 8 am
The City of Torrance is holding their annual Turkey Trot. The three-mile course is a walk or run option on Thanksgiving Day. After your trot, there’s fun with drawings for mountain bikes, dinner vouchers, gym memberships and more.
Holiday Light Train Rides
- Address: Wilson Park, 2100 Washington Ave, Torrance CA
- Date: mid-December, 5 pm to 8:30 pm
Wilson Park has its mini railway that everyone can enjoy. The Southern California Live Streamers will host a holiday light train ride on December 16, where 32″ tall or taller kids can chug along with the train. Tickets are $8 per rider, and tickets can be purchased the day of if necessary.
Annual Holiday Festival
- Address: 3330 Lomita Blvd, Torrance CA
- Date: Mid-November to Early December
This one-of-a-kind holiday event is a must-visit if you’re in Torrance. The trees are beautifully decorated with entertainment, gifts, children’s activities, and more when you arrive. This is a ticketed event, and tickets can be bought online. Be sure to bring a toy for free entry on the day of their toy drive.
Old Torrance Holiday Stroll
- Address: Old Torrance Downtown
- Date: end of November, 4 pm to 8 pm
Old downtown Torrance is offering a memorable holiday stroll for all who love shopping and the holidays. The businesses and restaurants offer unique things on the nigh of the event, including deals on shopping, gifts, and more. This is the perfect way to kick off the holiday season, plus, there is live music from a DJ, and Santa will be mingling with attendees.
Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Faire
- Address: Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr N, Torrance CA
- Date: mid-November, 10 am to 3 pm
The 53rd Annual Holiday Arts and Crafts Faire is here, with over 60 artists selling handcrafted goodies for holiday giving. Parking and admission are free, so nothing stops you from attending this incredible event and getting a little holiday shopping done.
Christmas in San Pedro
Spirit of San Pedro Holiday Parade
- Address: Harbor Villas, 653 W 13th St, San Pedro CA
- Date: First Sunday in December, 1 pm to 3 pm
The annual San Pedro Holiday Parade will be a hit with the entire family. From 1 pm to 3 pm, head out to Harbor Villas for a parade that will include a marching band, Timmy the Duck, Charros de Zacatecas and more. The para will begin on 13th Street and end on 6th Street at the Crowne Plaza LA Harbor Hotel entrance.
Weymouth Corners Candy Cane Lane
- Address: Weymouth Corners, Corner of 8th and Weymouth, San Pedro CA
- Date: First Friday in December, 5 pm to 9 pm
The annual Weymouth Corners Candy Cane Lane is here and has a bunch to offer everyone. Enjoy shopping, music, live entertainment, food, cookie decorating, and a visit from Santa. It’s the perfect opportunity to get into the holiday spirit and have the whole family have a great time.
Harbor Holiday Afloat Parade
- Address: Harbor Blvd, Between 5th and 6th St, San Pedro CA
- Date: First Saturday in December, 4 pm to 8 pm
The Harbor Holiday Afloat Parade is perfect for the whole family. Not only will you be able to see a parade, but the event will also have a tree lighting ceremony, live entertainment, tall ships with light displays, crafts, games, and more. There will be a toy drive at the event, so don’t forget to dress warmly.
Christmas in Rolling Hills
25th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights
- Address: Promenade on the Peninsula, 550 Deep Valley Dr, Rolling Hills Estate CA
- Date: First Saturday in December, 6 pm to 7:30 pm
Enjoy holiday floats, marching bands, and Santa at the 25th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights in Rolling Hills. The parade will travel along Silver Spur Road, and Deep Valley Drive through the Promenade on the Peninsula. Make sure to dress warmly.
Christmas in Rancho Palos Verdes
PCC’s Christmas Tree Lighting
- Address: Peninsula Community Church, 5640 Crestridge Rd, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Date: First Saturday in December, 7 pm
Have a great time with your family at the PCC Christmas Tree Lighting. There will be Christmas songs, story time, hot cocoa, and more that everyone can enjoy. The best part is there will even be snow! It might not be real, but everyone will love running around in it.
Christmas in Lomita
Lomita Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Address: Lomita City Hall Offices, 24300 Narbonne Ave, Lomita CA
- Date: First Friday in December, 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Get a starlight view of the tree lighting ceremony at Lomita City Hall. While there, you will be greeted with live music, refreshments, a visit from Santa, and more to get everyone into the holiday spirit. There will be vendors at the event, so you can get your holiday shopping started early.
Holiday Mixer and Toy Drive
- Address: Lomita Kiwanis Hall, 24822 Narbonne Ave, Lomita CA
- Date: early December, 5:30 pm to 7 pm
This holiday mixer and toy drive are perfect for mingling with friends and donating to a great cause. Admission is free as long as you bring an unwrapped gift that will be given to the Community’s Child and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Los Angeles Harbor. Light bites and drinks are included, and you can enjoy music, festivities, and more.
Nothing is better than spending time with your family during the holidays. These events are perfect for getting a little extra time together and having a great time during this holiday season.