Sonoma County is one of the premier destinations for wine in the region. The county holds over 250 wineries, and the area is known for the vineyards and delicious tasting wine opportunities. While Sonoma doesn’t sit on the PCH, it is a great destination to head into to explore California a little more and enjoy this special part of the state. Whether you’re a wine lover or just starting in the wine world, the area has a little bit of something for everyone, so read on to find out everything about the best wineries in Sonoma.
Always remember to double-check dates, opening times, and weather conditions before traveling.
Top Sonoma wineries That You Must Visit!
Patz and Hall
- Address: 21200 8th Street East
Patz and Hall partners with small, family-owned vineyards to bring delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir to their tasting room. The winery, one of the best Sonoma wineries, is open Thursday through Monday from 10 am to 4 pm, and we suggest you to book your tasting in advance. You can enjoy a tasting for $45 and learn about this winery, open since 1988.
- Address: 380 First Street West
If Pinot Noir is your go-to wine, Walt Wines needs to be your go-to winery in Sonoma. They have produced award-winning Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from their vineyard that goes across the Pacific coast if you’re into it.
Walt is one of the most beautiful wineries in Sonoma, as well as a great place to relax and enjoy a glass. They offer an indoor and outdoor patio for tasting and offer a relaxed environment for all. Their tastings start at $30, and you need to make a reservation for a tasting.
- Address: 62 Bonneau Rd
A father and son duo operate Annaba Wines, a smaller winery in Sonoma. Their outdoor area offers a stunning view and bocce ball courts for a bit of fun.
You can choose from a variety of wines, like Chardonnay, white wine blends, Pinot Noir, and Syrah. If planning a visit, check their website in advance to learn more about their wine tasting experiences.
Buena Vista Winery
- Address: 18000 Old Winery Rd
Buena Vista Winery was founded in 1857 and is one of California’s first premium wineries. Their outdoor seating offers picnic areas where you can enjoy some snacks and a glass or two of your favorite wine. Their wine list is excellent, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rosé, Sparkling Wines, and more.
Reservations are required for tastings, which only cost $20, and if you want to take a tour of the grounds, they offer that as well, check their website to learn more.
- Address: 103 West Napa Street
Locals and wine lovers say that Corner 103 is a winery you must hit when visiting Sonoma. They are located in the center of Sonoma, and open daily from 11 am to 7 pm. Their indoor tasting room is stunning, offering an intimate and relaxing environment.
Their wines include Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Rose, and Sparkling Wines. A tasting cosst $20, and you need to make a reservation before the visit.
Dunstan Wines-Durell Vineyards
- Address: 1945 Felder Rd
Once an old ranch house is now what Dustan Wines-Durell Vineyards calls home. The winery is surrounded by beautiful farmland, and all their tastings are private and intimate.
Appointments are required for a private tasting, where you can enjoy Chardonnay or Rosé paired with delicious food. Check their website for more infortmation and reservations.
Gundlach Bundschu Winery
- Address: 2000 Denmark St
Another top winery in Sonoma, the Gundlach Bundschu Winery is set in a beautiful landscape that offers a fantastic view while you enjoy your tasting. Their outdoor patio faces a pond, and, on some occasions, they feature live music outdoors.
They are open daily from 11 am to 4:30 pm, but you will need a reservationfor a tasting or tour. Their tasting and tour prices vary since they have numerous options for both, so be sure to check out their website to figure out what fits perfectly into your day.
- Address: 18596 Lomita Ave
Sitting on top of the Sonoma hills is this cute and rustic winery perfect for anyone who enjoys the countryside and a chill atmosphere. Hanzell has made its name famous for their Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and you can enjoy a tasting for $45.
They ask that everyone who visits the winery is 21 years or older, and you need an appointment for your tasting, which typically last about an hour. Find out more on their website.
- Address: 141 East Napa St
Sojourn Cellars specializes in single vineyards Pinot Noir straight from the Sonoma Coast. If you’re not a huge fan of Pinot, they also offer Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon for tastings instead.
You can make a reservation for a tasting on their website. A tasting will cost $45, where you can enjoy their current releases.
Stone Edge Farm Estate Winery
- Address: 21692 8th St E #110
For those who love a good Cabernet Sauvignon, head into Stone Edge Farm Estate, considered among the best wineries in Sonoma. Here you can grab a glass of their premium wine and simply chill.
They are open Wednesday through Saturday by appointment only, but once you’re in, there will be an unforgettable experience. The winery is inspired by old-world hospitality and offers artisan food to pair perfectly with their wines.
Three Sticks Wine
- Address: 143 West Spain
Sitting on 135-acres in the Sonoma Valley is Three Sticks Wine. They’re known as one of the top five wineries to visit in Sonoma. They tasting room and is located inside an Adobe. The Adobe was built in 1842 by Salvador Vallejo and is now a Sonoma landmark.
Three Sticks is primarily known for its Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and offers tastings from $50 to $150 depending on what type of experience you’re going for. FYI, they offer a caviar and Chardonnay tasting if you’re into caviar and having a treat yourself day. Find more info on their website.
Two Amigos Wines
- Address: 25 E. Napa St #D
Best friends for over 50 years created Two Amigos, which now has gold medal wines from their winery in the Sonoma wone county.
They offer a great list of wines, including Rosé, Syrah, and a sparkling Brut. You can head into the winery for a tasting, but you will need a reservation beforehand.
Tyge Williams Cellars
- Address: 144 West Napa St
This small vineyard uses old-world intricacy to create its delicious wines that give you bold and unforgettable flavors. They offer a mixture of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir for visitors to try. Read more on their website.
These are just a handful of the amazing and delicious wineries spread out across the Sonoma Valley. Although Sonoma is famous for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, you can find your favorite wine somewhere in the Valley and possibly your new favorite winery. So wait no more, venture on a trip to the majestic Sonoma vineyards and discover your favorite label!
More Sonoma Valley Wineries for your visit
- Flowers Vineyard & Winery, 28500 Seaview Road, Cazadero, CA
- Hartford Family Winery, 8075 Martinelli Road, Forestville, CA
- Skipstone Ranch, 2505 Geysers Rd., Geyserville, CA
- Benziger Family Winery, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, CA
- Imagery Estate Winery, 14335 Sonoma Hwy, Glen Ellen, CA
- Little Vineyards, 15188 Sonoma Hwy, Glen Ellen, CA
- Arista Winery, 7015 Westside Rd., Healdsburg, CA
- C. Donatiello Winery, 1083 Vine St. #272, Healdsburg, CA
- Lambert Bridge, 4085 West Dry Creek Rd., Healdsburg, CA
- Lancaster Estate, 15001 Chalk Hill Rd., Healdsburg, CA
- Michel-Schlumberger Wine Estate, 4155 Wine Creek Rd., Healdsburg, CA
- Verite Winery, 4611 Thomas Rd, Healdsburg, CA
- Windsor Vineyards, 308 B. Center St., Healdsburg, CA
- Fort Ross Vineyard & Winery, 15725 Meyers Grade Road, Jenner, CA
- B Wise Vineyards, 9077 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood, CA
- Deerfield Ranch Winery, 10200 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood, CA
- Landmark Vineyards, 101 Adobe Canyon Rd., Kenwood, CA
- Mayo Family Reserve Room, 9200 Sonoma Hwy., Kenwood, CA
- Muscardini Cellars, 9380 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood, CA
- VJB Vineyard Cellars, 9077 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood, CA
- Clouds Rest Vineyards, 600 Sonoma Mountain Rd, Petaluma, CA
- Keller Estate Winery, 5875 Lakeville Hwy, Petaluma, CA
- DeLoach Vineyards, 1791 Olivet Rd., Santa Rosa, CA
- Fisher Vineyards, 6200 St Helena Rd, Santa Rosa, CA
- Flanagan Vineyards, 6860 Serenity Way, Santa Rosa, CA
- Martin Ray Winery, 2191 Laguna Rd., Santa Rosa, CA
- Dutton Estate Winery, 8757 Green Valley Rd, Sebastopol, CA
- Iron Horse Vineyards, 9786 Ross Station Road, Sebastopol, CA
- Marimar Estate Vineyards & Winery, 11400 Graton Road, Sebastopol, CA
- Merry Edwards Winery, 2959 Gravenstein Hwy. N., Sebastopol, CA
- Buena Vista Winery, 18000 Old Winery Rd., Sonoma, CA
- The Donum Estate: 24500 Ramal Rd, Sonoma, CA
- Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, 23555 Arnold Drive: Sonoma, CA
- Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Rd, Sonoma, CA
- Sojourn Cellars, 141 East Napa St., Sonoma, CA
- Windsor Oaks Vineyards, 10810 Hillview Rd., Windsor, CA
more Wineries in California
Are you a wine lover looking for more wineries in the area? Check these other places where to go for an unforgettable wine tasting: